TERMS & CONDITIONS
This document, including any other attached documents, may contain confidential information intended solely for the use of intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and dispose of this document from your posesion and all copies and backups thereof.
We do not handle printing, but provide files that are ready for print. Aside from major projects such as branding language or marketing collateral, we do not apply or produce written content for print or digital (including web) pieces. This saves us time and allows us to keep the design cost low. In addition, there is a 30 hour maximum of design time per month. A cost of $100 per hour will be applied for further work. We provide web ready files for banners or social media promotions; also we provide .PSD files for web or video application. In the case where a payment is not made, we will cease design work and/or take your website offline until the payment has been made.
TIME LINE INFORMATION
DESIGN / PRODUCTION: Timelines will be arranged and agreed upon in the signed proposal or other-wised stated by the client.
PHOTOSHOOTS: Shoot dates will be agreed upon by both parties before or after the estimate is signed and returned. Jay Melilli holds the right to reschedule for any reason.
Deposits are non-refundable.
If for any reason there is a cancelation, client is responsible for all expenses incurred by Jay Melilli up to the time of the cancelation.
PHOTO SERVICES: Cancellation or postponement of a photo shoot within 30 days of the agreed upon starting date will result in a cancellation fee charged to the property/client. The following fees will apply based on the photographers’ and assistants’ fees. A cancellation notice within 29 to 15 days will incur a 25% fee; 14 to 7 days will include a 50% fee; anything less than 7 days will incur a 100% fee. All expenses including fees and purchases that were approved by the property will be billed. If a shoot is cancelled within 24 hours of departure for the shoot, client shall pay 100% of the anticipated photography fee and 100% of the anticipated fees of any subcontractors booked for the job.
DESIGN / PRODUCTION SERVICES: In the case of a cancellation, any further costs, including expenses and staff hourly production rates will be billed to the client. Time tracking data and expense receipts are available upon request.
Industry standard of +/- 15% variance applies to this estimate. Additional charges will be paid as long as the expenses are justified and backed up with receipts. Additional costs not included in estimates, unless otherwise stated. For example: travel costs, internet service, hosting/domain fees, meals expenses...etc.
Client may not resell images to outside vendors, or companies to supplement the cost of their photo shoot. Nor may they share and or provide the images to florist, linen companies, or interior design firms in the promotion of their businesses without permission. The photographer may not sell the images to stock photo houses or other companies for stock.
Any form of design/creative work is rated at $100 an hour. Administrative work is rated at $75 per hour. This does not include photography services.
Deposits are required for project to begin and are non-refundable. Once a project is nearing completion, the final payment will be need to be paid before final products are released to the client. If payment is not received with in 30 days of cancelation or project completion a FEE of $45 per day will occur until total amount has been paid in full. All clients are held accountable for the full terms and conditions.
Jay Melilli Creative will travel to any location to offer their professional services. The travel fee for each event will be quoted on an individual basis. However, below are some general guidelines and rates that we consider when we travel.
- There is no travel fee if the roundtrip travel from our location (San Francisco, Ca) to the destination site is less than 50 miles.
- A vehicle travel fee is charged when we use ground transportation and roundtrip travel from our location exceeds 50 miles. In that case, clients can/will be charged for travel fees based on the roundtrip mileage or travel time (whichever is more) as described in the following chart:
Roundtrip travel time (Hours)
1 - 2
2 - 3
3 - 4
4 - 5
Roundtrip Mileage (Miles)
50 to 100
100 to 150
150 to 200
200 to 250
- If a job would require that our photographer(s) depart from JMC’s location before 7:00 a.m., or if it would require an estimated return arrival time to JMC's location after midnight, then overnight lodging either before or after the event is required.
- We will calculate the expenses and travel fees of the events that require more than 250 miles roundtrip travel based on the specific requirements for that event. An estimate of such fees will be provided as part of our proposal to photograph such an event.
- If air transportation is required, clients will be charge actual expenses, including airfare, car rental, and two nights accommodation in or very close to where the event is taking place, as well as a $75 per diem per team member. Overnight accommodations are essential for the night before the event and the night of the event. This will assure that if any unforeseen circumstances arise our photographers will be there in plenty of time and can perform at their best.